Chelmer Valley Brick Co. respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This Policy sets out how Chelmer Valley Brick Co. uses and protects any information or data that you provide to us by using this website and informs you on your privacy rights and how the law protects you.It is important that you read this privacy notice, together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you, to ensure you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
Chelmer Valley Brick Co. Limited is the controller and is responsible for your personal data. Throughout this privacy notice Chelmer Valley Brick Co. Limited may be referred to as “Chelmer Valley Brick”, “we” “us” or “our”. Our data privacy manager is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below:Paul Menzies – Data privacy managerChelmer Valley Brick Co. LimitedEmail address: email@example.comPostal Address: Unit 1 Cockridden Industrial Estate, Herongate, Essex, CM13 3LH
Data We Collect From You
We may collect, use, store and transfer the personal data as listed below:
- Identity Data – Full name, username, marital status, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data – Billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number(s).
- Financial Data – Bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data – When purchasing from us, we can store details regarding payments to and from you and details of products and\or services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data – IP address, login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the device(s) used to access this website.
- Profile Data – Username and password, purchases made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data – Information on you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data – Preferences in receiving marketing to us, our third parties and your communication preferences.
- Aggregated Data may also be collected, used and shared. This is statistical and/or demographic data. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data by law due to this data not directly or indirectly revealing your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if combined or connected with your personal data to directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
When Your Personal Data Is Used
Your personal data will only be used by us when the law allows us to. Most commonly, your personal data will be used in the following circumstances:
- When we need to perform the contract we are entering/have entered in partnership with you.
- When it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- When we are obliged to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or SMS. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
How Your Personal Data Is Used
- Marketing – Choices are provided regarding certain personal data uses surrounding marketing and advertising.
- Promotional offers – We may use your personal data to obtain a view on what offers may be of most interest to you.
- Third-party marketing – Your opt-in consent is mandatory before any personal data is shared with a third-party company.To opt-out of any marketing or third-party marketing at any time by contacting us. Opting-out does not apply to personal data collected by us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration or other transactions.
Where Your Personal Data Is Stored
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Any information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Payment/transaction data is encrypted using SSL technology. Upon receiving your personal data, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Due to the transmission of the data via the internet not being completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our website.<
Changes Of Purpose
Your personal data will only be used for the purpose of why it was collected, unless needed for another reason which is compatible with the original purpose. For an explanation as to how the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. We will notify you if we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose and explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
This website may feature links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Following those links and/or establishing those connections may allow third parties to access, collect and share your personal data. We have no control over third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. Upon leaving our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website visited.We may share your personal data with third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent any personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties. Access will only by granted on our instructions and if they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How Long We Will Store Your Data For
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under data protection laws you obtain the following fundamental rights:
- Request access to your personal data (data subject access request), enabling you to receive a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data, enabling you to request deletion/removal of your personal data where there is no applicable reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to request a deletion/removal of your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to remove your personal data to comply with local law.
- Object to processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and your particular situation makes you want to object to processing if you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
No Fee Usually Required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What We May Need From You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit To Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.